It’s Monday again!
This marks 2 weeks that we have been on the Eat to Live program. The first week was tough. Both of us felt like we had low energy. We would often just have enough energy after work to spoon food in our mouths and then collapse on the floor to watch TV.
This was completely out of the norm for us.
Normally we use forks (wakka wakka wakka).
Week two was a lot easier.
Our stomachs settled down and have been slowly adjusting to all the roughage going in. The cravings for bread and sweets almost completely went away. Both of our jobs are minefields of sweets and desserts. We both managed to avoid them with no problems (although I did find a chocolate bar wrapper on the passenger side of Ben’s car. The car door was also unlocked. Ben claims a homeless person walked by, sat in the car, had a chocolate bar and then left the wrapper behind. Since Ben doesn’t like chocolate, I’ll choose to believe him. Now, if it were crisp wrappers that would be a different story… )
The weight is coming off slowly, but surely.
I can’t really complain about the program at all!
Despite the initial intestinal distress, I would highly recommend it.
- 2 pounds new potatoes (scrubbed, skins on)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 TBSP lemon juice and zest of half the lemon
- 1 bunch of chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. S
- hake the pan over medium heat for about a minute to dry the potatoes.
- Using a potato masher, gently smash potatoes.
- Add lemon juice and zest to soy milk. Don't be alarmed! It will curdle. That's what we want!
- Add the soy milk mixture and dill to potatoes.
- Gently mix through with potato masher to your desired consistency (I prefer chunky)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.